Any one that knows me knows I A) Love makeup and anything makeup and beauty related with a PASSION and B) I as equally love bargains, coupons and great deals. So when I went into Superdrug just to pick up … Continue reading
Hey everyone! As some of you seen I try to stick with a beauty theme but I have sooo many stories that I thought “Hey! I want to share these things with my readers!” So I hope you enjoy and … Continue reading
I have become a huge fan of Jeffree Star and his cosmetics. One thing I’m addicted to is his Velour Liquid Lipsticks. They are honestly the best liquid lipsticks I have EVER tried but I’m saving that for another post. … Continue reading
And it’s that time of year again! End of one year so time to set all new goals for the next! Every year i get on my phone and type a list of everything I want to accomplish and i have to admit, this year was the FIRST year i almost done the entire thing! So i want to break it and do EVERYTHING on this years.The main things I accomplished was one loosing A LOT of weight (that will be on it again in a way haha) and also to save and take my family home to Florida and dammit i done and did it 🙂
- Loose 10 more pounds and get leaner by doing a lot more exercise (I lost over 65 pounds this year and i was so proud of myself i feel better look better in my opinion which is what counts and got so much more energy. so now to finish it off hehe)
- Find a hobby (i love makeup and i was starting makeup school this year but due to a lot of things i wasnt able to finish it and i do want to accomplish it one day but for now ill enjoy collecting practicing and doing others makeup for fun so i guess that can count as a hobby!)
- Learn a new skill. I don’t care what just need to learn something. Ooo maybe I can learn French!
- Save more money! ( This year i done amazing im really good at saving! So 2017 I have some really important and big things i need and want to save for so budget budget budget!)
- Go on an adventure with the boys. I would love to take them even just camping in an actual tent 🙂
- I want to make my blog more frequent. I love sharing my views and makeup hauls and products and just sharing my life with you all so got to planning already some things for you guys!
- A big one for me i want to focus on other than my family is to branch out on my makeup and doing it more for people especially on special occasions so fingers crossed eh 😛
- To go along with the loosing weight its to completely tone up! i love working out and the fact that my two boys love it too since i use them as my weights alot lol i need to get back to doing it more!
- Go to 3 new places in England. I would love to go to Essex, Liverpool, and Cornwall! i don’t know why but they are three places ive always wanted to visit!
- And finally just be happy!
So 2017 is going to be a year of goals, and all of us including you can make your year whatever you want it to be and don’t give up on what you want in life! It is a new start isn’t it I mean it is called NEW YEAR for a reason 🙂
So i would love to know what are all of your New Years Resolutions for YOUR life and year? Happy New Year Everyone!
Ho ho ho Merry Christmas!!! I can’t believe it’s literally tomorrow! I still have so much to do it’s crazy. So in the middle of all the rushing around I will make sure to give my self a quick pamper … Continue reading
I’m not going to lie… I have a bit of an addiction to makeup palettes and mainly eyeshadow palettes. As my Husband says “How many do you need?! A lot of them have similar colours!” Uh hello! does he not … Continue reading
I was trying to come up with ideas for a Get to know me Tag Post when I found myself reading The Beauty Broadcaster blog who shared a brilliant Tag. (Check her out if you get a chance awesome blogger/vlogger) so wanted to share my answers so you my readers can get to know myself a little more 😁
SO LETS DO THIS!!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is so wavey. But this weird wave where some days I think “what the heck are you thinking there hair? Are you straight or wavey today MAKE UP YOUR DANG MIND!” 😂🙈
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I do die my hair myself. I have red hair underneith and I mean like the cherry red and on top is an ombré blonde I like to say because I haven’t died my top hair for almost three years so blonde with dark blonde roots.
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
Yeah kinda. I wouldn’t say I’m the most fashionable when it comes to my clothes don’t get me wrong I try to look good but I’m not a fashion guru. However when it comes to makeup I do switch it up and be different or normal or whatever I feel like that day. It’s my art 🙂
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do do my own pedi and I use to do my own mani till a couple months ago when I started getting them done by someone (just gel nail polish) I probably will start doing my own again soon but hey nothing wrong in a pamper here or there 🙂
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
At the moment every three weeks but it use to be every week.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I have to have them constantly painted that’s not to say they aren’t chipped to heck by the time I do it but hey ho lol
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
I’m actually quite proud of this. When I had my first boy I found it a little hard to do myself up and really look nice. Then when I was pregnant with my second my eldest was going into his terrible twos and I felt so rubbish I never done it. Then when I had my second I decided I hated not making an effort in my appearance like I use to ( I always had a major love of makeups) but I still had the obstacle of getting myself ready and my two boys now and sometimes running late , so I mastered a look for every day that takes 10-15 minutes! and its not slapdabd either hehe. If I’ve got tine though I usually only take anywhere from 20-40 minutes but that’s with the whole baking :p
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I do do my face first. I’m starting to think I should start with my eyes though but its just the way I’ve always done it, get my canvas and work from there.
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
both I guess! I love makeup and I’ve finally been able to build my collection again ( a few years ago a bit of makeup went “missing” and I was gutted.) I looooove palettes and I’ve got quite a few. Its become an obsession and I’m building a nice lipstick collection as my besties gotten me into a lot more lipsticks.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I actually don’t! if I’m honest I’m not the best at them and when I do get it right I cant wait to take them off. I have found a mascara that gives my lashes amazing length and volume. (Too faced better then sex mascara) And if I really want to I use to get eyelash extensions which last ages.
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Not always, most of the time I do put at least mascara on, and some days everything but there are days where if there’s absolutely nothing going on, I let my skin breath and just wear moisturiser.
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
heck yeah! if I’m alone or with family I still want to put some on, like I said in the question above I do like to let my skin breath but I do like “playing” with my makeup.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
yeah, usually I do have my glasses on then to hide my tired eyes but Ill do it. I never use to but when I went through my phase of not wearing any, I got use to it and was ok with it as long as my glasses were on haha.
14. How many high-end products do you have?
o gosh I don’t know. I do know I have a heck of a lot more now then I did a year ago. I’ve got quite a few eyeshadow palettes and mascaras and lipsticks and one high end foundation.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
Unless I have a special occasion, I usually just plan when I get up and look at my clothes and think omg I’ve got nothing to wear what the heck am I going to wear?! Everyday struggle even though I’ve got too much clothes I just need to revamp them especially since I’ve lost a ton of weight lol.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
I’m ashamed to say this I only have one hand bag, my kids broke my other two. and I just never got a new one . But I think its time to let that one rest soon its breaking that poor over used thing
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
ooo goodness this varies. I usually go to bed between 10-12pm and wake up anywhere between 630-730 am. My boys are early risers however thanks to the darkness staying later, I think my eldest is thinking its earlier and sleeping a little later. My youngest is a different story. He blinking hates sleep !
18. How often or when do you workout?
I try to do something at least 4 times a week. I do do a lot of walking with the boy’s and that’s a workout in its self walking up those dang hills with a double pushchair?! ouch lol. but I do exercises at home with the boys, they are great weights 😀
19. Left handed or right handed?
I’m right handed
20. How tall are you?
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I use to understand and know a little Spanish but as the years went on, I forgot a lot of what I use to know 😦
22. How many pets do you have?
I don’t have any pets I do have dogs and cats back at home in Florida but unfortunately they couldn’t come with me over here 😦
23. How often are you on Blogger?
I don’t use blogger I use wordpress
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Not so much on others blogs but I read all the comments on mine and write back to them too 🙂
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I do! if I see or hear of something I want to try I make note as I know ill be racking my brain for the exact name at a later date haha
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
Well I’m an American who’s come over to live in the UK to be with my husband, and when I was throwing names together and about I mentioned AmericanBrit to my mom and that was the only one shes like oooo I like that!
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
Just my IPhone but I need to start using my camera a lot more, its just more convenient.
28. How often do you clean your house?
Ive got two boys so I try to do everyday however sometimes its chaos so 5 days a week haha.
29. What’s your favorite color?
I love turquoise! its sooo pretty or sparley blue. They remind me of mermaids hehe
30. Do you swear?
unfortunately I do. I have been trying to cut a lot especially because of the kids, I don’t want them swearing
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
The boys aren’t very well, so its a movie day while I work on some other blog posts, and I’m getting my nails done today (when this comes out however I will be going to the Christmas Market with a friend yay! )
Well That’s it! a little insight into me. Feel free to copy and paste the questions and play along too !